Issues with Demo

Player Feedback

Issues with Demo

Postby James » Wed May 06, 2015 12:34 am

Hello All!

Now that the demo is out for the public to test, we would like to get feedback on how it "feels". Once of the major points that we want to accomplish is to make sure it feels like a Point and Click adventure of the old 80's

Please start posting your issues and or concerns here.

Thanks!
James
Dr. Unity

Re: Issues with Demo

Postby CaveTroll » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:29 am

Excellent *plays his fingers back and forth in a sinister style slitting his eyes with an evil grin*

My daughter really enjoyed the game. Game play time for a 7 year old female was about 40 minutes (James, my original game play time I found to be incorrect after checking my cell phone with a friend I was texting while she played.) I did have to help a few times and make a few suggestions for her to finish the quest. Like "Perhaps there is a laundry room you can clean the towel with?" "Did you look in the basement? Most laundry rooms used to be in the basement."

She was able to read everything in the game which makes me feel like I am doing my job as a parent.

She really liked Snarf in general. She loved the fact the dragon thought he was a duck. Her biggest complaint was the camera, and I agree with her.

It does not feel like an 80's point and click game, mostly because the graphics are so much better and everything seems to be running smoothly.

She requests to be able to do more in the game. For example she wants to pick up even her choice of foam weapons. In general she wants to be able to pick up anything she wants. She also was frustrated that when the backpack was open she couldn't move.

I will definitely be suggesting this game around town, and to anyone with kids ages 6 -9.

I plan on finishing editing a video on how to get started, but as an added bonus I suggest you add some sort of label to the e-mail entry that tells players that they need to use the portal even if they already have a kickstarter key code. I was searching the web pages frantically looking for somewhere to inject that code. Possibly something saying early access is not yet available ect.

All together I feel this is a brilliant idea, and more importantly a very beautiful game.
CaveTroll

Return to Technical Q&A